The foundation of the GUGR community preparedness campaign was developed upon research to determine the best techniques for outreach that will appeal to various community audience segments across the three CSA states and 16-counties. Research included:
- Emergency preparedness campaign best practices used nationally and locally in the CSA
- CSA demographics with demographic market segment insights
- Secondary research of over 600 published and online emergency preparedness sources
- Qualitative interviews with emergency managers and community/faith-based organizations
The research report is a step towards continual exploration of demographic makeup, needs and partnerships to better serve and promote a lifestyle of preparedness in communities. It is recommended that regular demographic research and qualitative interviews with partners are conducted to continue providing outreach that is relevant to the communities we serve.
Support Resource Materials
The following resource documents are provided to assist furthering research efforts:
- Research Report and Options for Consideration in Community Preparedness Campaign Development - Includes detailed report of demographic research, national and local preparedness best practices.
- Community Organization Outreach Questionnaire - Interview questionnaire used to understand the audience and outreach efforts of community based organizations to help further strengthen ongoing partnerships.