Community Preparedness Campaign Planning
The campaign pilot included (14) emergency preparedness events with a variety of partnerships covering preparedness events such as community festivals, parades, baseball games, church and neighborhood celebrations.
To maximize effectiveness for planners, campaign events were designed to have templated components in order for streamlined coordination. However, they can be adjusted based upon the audience, location and need. The event elements are provided in the campaign resource documents to assist in choosing the best plan to help support your own community engagements.
The outreach planning strategy and tactics used in the campaign were designed to build ongoing relationships with partners and communities. The planning has a strong emphasis on collaborations, sparking ongoing dialogue and exploring opportunities to achieve short and long-term preparedness goals. Included in the toolkit are support materials used to help make the planning process as seamless as possible for a successful execution.
Support Resource Materials
The following resource documents are provided to assist furthering outreach planning efforts:
- Outreach Planning Process and Tips - Provides step by step detail of the planning practices and recommendations to consider for future planning.
- Campaign Presentation Template - PowerPoint template based upon campaign components that can be used to help secure partners.
- Planning Checklist Template - Checklist to assist in managing planning logistics.
- Branded Incentives: Uses and Considerations - Details branded campaign materials and how they were used in outreach.
- Volunteer Training Guide - Outlines necessary volunteer staff roles and responsibilities.
- Communication Templates - Editable branded flyer, letterhead, and draft letter samples.
- Vendor List - Contact list of vendors and services used for campaign.
- Event Run of Show (ROS) - Template sample of outreach onsite event schedule. Works both as a pre event and "day of" guide to onsite activities.